Skip to main content

Week 39

Alrighty. A lot of stuff happened this week, so I'll list out a few, and then talk more about them:
Transfer calls, general conference, yard sales, spent lots of time with the Hobbs, lunch with Johnson's, visit with Basil Marceaux, and a bunch of little strange southern things that happened, but I'll write about the big stuff!
Ok so transfers! I'm staying in Hixson with Sister Kirkman!! YALL this is the 1ST time I've kept a companion for more than one transfer!! It should be fun! I was expecting to stay in Hixson, so I was prepared for that, but I was convinced that I was getting a new comp because this will be sister kirkman's 3rd transfer in Hixson! AANNDDD sister garbett is staying in Hixson too๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™ I would have cried if she left. But we will still be in the same ward and district!! So at the end of this transfer, sister garbett and I will have served 7.5 months of our mission together. All I have to say is God is good:) 
General conference!! WOW! It was so good! If you missed ANY of it, go back and watch them. For the first session we went over to the Hobbs (Katherine Hunter is her maiden name and we both grew up in idea in the same ward, and she used to babysit me!) and I took some good notes (๐Ÿ˜‰) while playing with little Hazel. For the second session we went to our apartment (we had to go help a lady move some stuff for the first 15 minutes of conference). Then on Sunday we watched a session with an older lady who isn't a member, and we watched the 2nd session with the Hobbs again!! Man I LOVE the Hobbs so much. Their home feels like home and I love being with Katherine so much. 

On Tuesday and Thursday we got to go to the Hobbs in the morning to help with some yardwork. Y'all, this was the mental break i have been needing. It was the most relaxing, decompressing thing to just help out with some yard work for a couple hours and talk with a friend:) It was therapeutic honestly! 

This was so funny. We went to visit a less active member, and when we pulled up to the "driveway" we pulled off to the side of the road cuz this driveway was like mountain climb straight up with the most uneven rock. Our car would have scrapped the bottom and probably lost traction it was so bad. So we decided to walk up the hill. We didn't know if there was a house up there (the trees hide it), but sure enough there was a super beat up trailer home that almost looked abandoned. We didn't end up finding the member that we wanted to talk to, but we talked to her husband named Basil Marceaux for a while... Let me rephrase that.... Her husband, basil marceaux, talked to US for a good while ๐Ÿ˜‚ we didn't do any talking hahaha. He was hard to understand, but of the stories that I did catch, this guy has some interesting stories๐Ÿ˜‚ let me sum up a few: he tried to steal a flag by tearing it down with a fishing pole, so he got tazed by 6 different cops all at once, he is running for some position in the state, the cops are coming to his house tomorrow to investigate him, he wrote a Christmas song called "come Christmas" which he sang to us on his porch๐Ÿ˜‚(it was so awkward), he asked us if we had ever had s** and then told us about a pill that he have to make sure our future boyfriends arent taking ๐Ÿค” then he proceeded to act out some interesting things, and then talked about how the government owed him $39 billion dollars, then he told us to get all the Mormons in Tennessee to vote for him. But before he told us all this random stuff, he made it clear that it was against his covenant in his church to talk to Mormons... Then he proceeded to talk to us for another hour HAHA I love these deep southern people with crazy stories and no shame. It's awesome. (Also, I googled him, and wow he wasn't kidding, he actually did write a Christmas song and he has no small reputation lol) Oh also, the whole time he was talking to us he was holding a kitchen knife๐Ÿ˜‚

I am excited to start another transfer here in Hixson! I love the people and I love my companion! I hope to be here for at least another transfer. And thank you all so much for the love, support and prayers. Thank you to family, friends, and the mapleton 23rd ward! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 64

Well sister Oldroyd is shipped off to Chattanooga ๐Ÿ˜ฅ BUT I love my new companion, sister Chan! I'm glad I get to serve with her and we are having so much fun! This week it was really a struggle to get return appointments with the people we are teaching and holy moly, it is a never ending battle and it makes me want to lose my mind sometimes. I love these people so so much, but I get really tired if spending time trying to chase them down to have a lesson๐Ÿ˜‚I just want to consistently teach someone, BUT it's not about what I want, it's about how God wants to use me as his hands. And I guess right now he is needing me to do a LOT of seed planting. After a long week of seed planting, I am eager to pick fruit, but unfortunately it takes a lot of time. The beginning of the week consisted of going around and saying goodbye to people since sister Oldroyd is leaving. So we took a lot of pics with members and friends. I'm glad I'm not the one leaving because I am getting kind...

Week 59

Week 59 Hey yall! I had a pretty good week, but it was definitely one of those weeks where you thought it was never gonna end. I was really tired and never really fully woke up through the day, so that was tough. Buuuut we survived! This week I got to experience the deep southern part of our area. It's a town called Gainesboro and boy.... this was a small town. We visited a member who lives in a house built in the 1800s and he just hooked one singular water pipe to it last week. He's gone this long without plumbing or water. We also have to drive across (literally) a creek to get to his house, so we had to go on a dry day or else you would literally have to drive thru a river haha! I was surrounded with a bunch of people with the thickest accents I've ever heard and I loved it! Oh.... I got told not once, but TWICE that I have picked up some accent... That's the 3rd time in the last 3 months or so I've been told that. Sister walker (a missionary who went home last...

Week 61

This week was PACKED. We had MLC and Zone Conference. And on Tuesday we had 0 miles, so we walked everywhere (which wouldn't normally be much of a problem, but there are so sidewalks or shoulders between the road and the ditch, so you just hope that people see you and scoot over or else you will get hit) so that was a little rough. I realized how grateful I am for a car haha! So a little update on our friends we are teaching : Samantha. Oh man, I don't even know where to start! So we had a lesson with her about the Word of Wisdom, and the very next day she said no to sweet tea, and she came up with a plan for this class she goes to that serves everyone coffee so that she can have something else to drink instead! And she read 1Nephi 1 all the way to 2 Nephi 10 in Less than 24 hours!!!!! I was BLOWN away by her!! She said that no other church has made her feel this way and she feels like she has a family. It was the most tender thing ever. We got to have some time to walk around ...