Week 59
Hey yall! I had a pretty good week, but it was definitely one of those weeks where you thought it was never gonna end. I was really tired and never really fully woke up through the day, so that was tough. Buuuut we survived!
This week I got to experience the deep southern part of our area. It's a town called Gainesboro and boy.... this was a small town. We visited a member who lives in a house built in the 1800s and he just hooked one singular water pipe to it last week. He's gone this long without plumbing or water. We also have to drive across (literally) a creek to get to his house, so we had to go on a dry day or else you would literally have to drive thru a river haha! I was surrounded with a bunch of people with the thickest accents I've ever heard and I loved it! Oh.... I got told not once, but TWICE that I have picked up some accent... That's the 3rd time in the last 3 months or so I've been told that. Sister walker (a missionary who went home last transfer) came back with her family to visit, and they are from Utah. The mom and sister said I say things with a hint of a southern accent.. Honestly I don't hear it, but I guess yall will have to let me know in 4 months!
We also had an amazing lesson with Samantha!! Yall, she is one of the most prepared people I think I've ever met. She came to church for the first time and was asking amazing questions the whole time. It was so cool to answer her questions because it got me thinking about the simplicity of the gospel and how blessed we are to actually have all the answers. She said that she has been to so many churches and none of them could answer all her questions and she never felt good afterwards. But she said that she felt so good at church and the answers we were giving her simply made sense. The gospel is so cool yall. Its the simplest of things that can answer ALL of life's questions.
This week we went to a lot of activities and that was fun! I've also been tech decking more than ever before and I'm getting pretty good at it hehe🛹
Our friend Sam (not Samantha, a different one) is currently praying about a baptismal date, so if yall could keep him in your prayers, that would mean so much and make a huge difference. he knows the church is true, he is just worried about some of the commitments that follow baptism. But I know he will do what's best for him and make the decision he needs to. I love him tons!!
It was overall a good week, and I'm excited for this week! I took a 3 hour nap today, so I should be revived for the next 7 days. Man I love being a missionary even tho it is the HARDEST sometimes, I still love these these southern people and love this little back tag ❤️
I love yall!!
Well sister Oldroyd is shipped off to Chattanooga 😥 BUT I love my new companion, sister Chan! I'm glad I get to serve with her and we are having so much fun! This week it was really a struggle to get return appointments with the people we are teaching and holy moly, it is a never ending battle and it makes me want to lose my mind sometimes. I love these people so so much, but I get really tired if spending time trying to chase them down to have a lesson😂I just want to consistently teach someone, BUT it's not about what I want, it's about how God wants to use me as his hands. And I guess right now he is needing me to do a LOT of seed planting. After a long week of seed planting, I am eager to pick fruit, but unfortunately it takes a lot of time. The beginning of the week consisted of going around and saying goodbye to people since sister Oldroyd is leaving. So we took a lot of pics with members and friends. I'm glad I'm not the one leaving because I am getting kind...
Comments
Post a Comment