Skip to main content

Week 26

This week was amazing! We got 2 more people on date to be baptized and lots of things came together that we were stressing about. We had lots of really good lessons this week too! Most of my days this week looked something like this: wake up, run, shower, plan, study, visit people, call people, teach people, go to meetings, eat, teach some more, then pass out in bed. It's exhausting but I LOVE it!! My companion and I decided to do lunges up a big hill, and the entire next day we couldn't walk without falling over haha it was amazing. We also had a pretty cool experience with our neighbor! We had about 10 minutes left of our dinner hour, and so sister blackard set her head down just for a second to take a quick break, then she said that she had a prompting that we needed to go visit our neighbor named Jeannie. So we ended dinner a little early and walked over and knocked on her door. We ended up having a super good conversation and she said she would love to learn more from us because she needed the peace and happiness in her life. She has been struggling for a long time and was so happy that we reached out! The spirit is so cool! And my comp is the best:) it's crazy that this transfer is almost over already! The time is flown by! I have also officially been on my mission for 6 months! It's been really cool to watch The Gospel change people's lives, cuz there's not really anything else in this world that has that kind of power. Everyone deserves to experience it, cuz it is life changing!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 64

Well sister Oldroyd is shipped off to Chattanooga 😥 BUT I love my new companion, sister Chan! I'm glad I get to serve with her and we are having so much fun! This week it was really a struggle to get return appointments with the people we are teaching and holy moly, it is a never ending battle and it makes me want to lose my mind sometimes. I love these people so so much, but I get really tired if spending time trying to chase them down to have a lesson😂I just want to consistently teach someone, BUT it's not about what I want, it's about how God wants to use me as his hands. And I guess right now he is needing me to do a LOT of seed planting. After a long week of seed planting, I am eager to pick fruit, but unfortunately it takes a lot of time. The beginning of the week consisted of going around and saying goodbye to people since sister Oldroyd is leaving. So we took a lot of pics with members and friends. I'm glad I'm not the one leaving because I am getting kind...

Week 59

Week 59 Hey yall! I had a pretty good week, but it was definitely one of those weeks where you thought it was never gonna end. I was really tired and never really fully woke up through the day, so that was tough. Buuuut we survived! This week I got to experience the deep southern part of our area. It's a town called Gainesboro and boy.... this was a small town. We visited a member who lives in a house built in the 1800s and he just hooked one singular water pipe to it last week. He's gone this long without plumbing or water. We also have to drive across (literally) a creek to get to his house, so we had to go on a dry day or else you would literally have to drive thru a river haha! I was surrounded with a bunch of people with the thickest accents I've ever heard and I loved it! Oh.... I got told not once, but TWICE that I have picked up some accent... That's the 3rd time in the last 3 months or so I've been told that. Sister walker (a missionary who went home last...

Week 61

This week was PACKED. We had MLC and Zone Conference. And on Tuesday we had 0 miles, so we walked everywhere (which wouldn't normally be much of a problem, but there are so sidewalks or shoulders between the road and the ditch, so you just hope that people see you and scoot over or else you will get hit) so that was a little rough. I realized how grateful I am for a car haha! So a little update on our friends we are teaching : Samantha. Oh man, I don't even know where to start! So we had a lesson with her about the Word of Wisdom, and the very next day she said no to sweet tea, and she came up with a plan for this class she goes to that serves everyone coffee so that she can have something else to drink instead! And she read 1Nephi 1 all the way to 2 Nephi 10 in Less than 24 hours!!!!! I was BLOWN away by her!! She said that no other church has made her feel this way and she feels like she has a family. It was the most tender thing ever. We got to have some time to walk around ...