Skip to main content

Week 36

There was a lot that happened this week! 
We had a big zone devotional that was kind of like zone confernece, but it was just our zone (ZC usually has 2 or 3 zones). And while we were there, I GOT TO SEE ELDER WILLIAMS!!!!! I cannot tell you how happy this made me, I miss him so much.
 I miss the SMS team:( So sister garbett and I got to take a picture with him and he said that he wants us both back on the SMS team so bad. It was sad, but it was SO good to see him again!! We also had interviews with president and for some reason I was really nervous for that. But my interview went very well and president was able to talk me through a lot of my concerns because I have been having a lot of doubt floating through my mind recently. But he said all the things I needed to hear and it helped SO much! President Graham is such an amazing person and I feel lucky to have him as my mission president. 
Oh another little thing I was proud of, I made my companion and I fish tacos for lunch on Tuesday and they actually turned out really good! I had no idea what I was doing, but they were delicious (and pretty hehe I put in a picture)
Another thing that happened which was really odd, my eyes are hemorrhaging and I've had a constant headache from the pressure since Friday. I woke up on Friday and I felt like my eyes were going to pop out of my head. The pressure was so bad and my eyes were so swollen. Throughout the morning the swelling went down, but then my companion noticed that the corners of my eyes were red and my eyes looked bruised. It kinda freaked me out, and by Saturday the blood in my eye had spread significantly haha it looks creepy! I'll also attach some pictures haha. It's in both my eyes and I've had a constant headache for 3 days now and my eyes hurt looking to the side, reading, driving, looking at a screen ,to be honest it hurts to even use my eyes which kinda sucks cuz there is no way I can avoid that 😂 it's very uncomfy and painful, but if it's just broken blood vessels, it should go away in about 2-3 weeks. It's just the headache and constant pressure that sucks (and scaring little kids haha).
On Thursday we had a really neat experience with Krista! Krista is one of our friends who wasn't really progressing but she didn't want us to stop coming by. But on Thursday she texted us and said the pain she was having in her knees hips and back was excruciating and she didn't know what to do. So we got 2 members to come with us and give her a preisthood blessing. We explained what a priesthood blessing was and she seemed to be amazed! After the blessing she stretched out her hand and said "look! I'm not shaking!" It was so cool, and I new the blessing would work because her faith is so strong. Then after the brothers left, we stayed and talked with her for a little bit and she started testifying of the priesthood, and that turned into her teaching US about Joseph Smith and how he really is a prophet of god. She told us how much she relates to him and respects him. Her testimony of Joseph Smith blows me out of the water. Now that the priesthood is a real tangible thing to her, she made the connection of Joseph Smith and the priesthood and then she started making connections of how the book of Mormon and the Bible support each other. It was so cool cuz you could just see everything coming together for her. 
I am loving this area and my companion! I'm trying hard not to miss Knoxville because it definitely has a piece of my heart ❤️
I love y'all and I hope all is going well!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 64

Well sister Oldroyd is shipped off to Chattanooga 😥 BUT I love my new companion, sister Chan! I'm glad I get to serve with her and we are having so much fun! This week it was really a struggle to get return appointments with the people we are teaching and holy moly, it is a never ending battle and it makes me want to lose my mind sometimes. I love these people so so much, but I get really tired if spending time trying to chase them down to have a lesson😂I just want to consistently teach someone, BUT it's not about what I want, it's about how God wants to use me as his hands. And I guess right now he is needing me to do a LOT of seed planting. After a long week of seed planting, I am eager to pick fruit, but unfortunately it takes a lot of time. The beginning of the week consisted of going around and saying goodbye to people since sister Oldroyd is leaving. So we took a lot of pics with members and friends. I'm glad I'm not the one leaving because I am getting kind...

Week 59

Week 59 Hey yall! I had a pretty good week, but it was definitely one of those weeks where you thought it was never gonna end. I was really tired and never really fully woke up through the day, so that was tough. Buuuut we survived! This week I got to experience the deep southern part of our area. It's a town called Gainesboro and boy.... this was a small town. We visited a member who lives in a house built in the 1800s and he just hooked one singular water pipe to it last week. He's gone this long without plumbing or water. We also have to drive across (literally) a creek to get to his house, so we had to go on a dry day or else you would literally have to drive thru a river haha! I was surrounded with a bunch of people with the thickest accents I've ever heard and I loved it! Oh.... I got told not once, but TWICE that I have picked up some accent... That's the 3rd time in the last 3 months or so I've been told that. Sister walker (a missionary who went home last...

Week 61

This week was PACKED. We had MLC and Zone Conference. And on Tuesday we had 0 miles, so we walked everywhere (which wouldn't normally be much of a problem, but there are so sidewalks or shoulders between the road and the ditch, so you just hope that people see you and scoot over or else you will get hit) so that was a little rough. I realized how grateful I am for a car haha! So a little update on our friends we are teaching : Samantha. Oh man, I don't even know where to start! So we had a lesson with her about the Word of Wisdom, and the very next day she said no to sweet tea, and she came up with a plan for this class she goes to that serves everyone coffee so that she can have something else to drink instead! And she read 1Nephi 1 all the way to 2 Nephi 10 in Less than 24 hours!!!!! I was BLOWN away by her!! She said that no other church has made her feel this way and she feels like she has a family. It was the most tender thing ever. We got to have some time to walk around ...