Skip to main content

Week 62

BUCKLE UP...Alright.... Yall are never gonna believe how powerful your prayers were... Remember when I asked for prayers that we would reach our goal and find 8 people to teach this week? Well, yall prayed very hard because we found TWENTY new people to teach!!!! 2-0!!!! Twenty! I have never seen a number that high my entire mission, and I was BLOWN away!!! I know without a doubt that I couldn't have done it without the prayers you sent my way. It seriously made such a huge difference. So THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I am super excited about the new friends we have to teach. We have appointments with most of them this week, so stay tuned for next week!!
So many good things happened with week, and I got to go back to my very first area (crossville♥️) for a day! It was the trippiest most nostalgic thing ever. I saw Dustin Dannel who was our most progressing friend a year ago. It was actually crazy cuz he was at a members house and Sister Hunt didn't know him, so that only reason we figured out it was him was because I recognized him from a year ago!! He didn't recognize me, but that's ok haha I don't look the same at all. But it was crazy!! Being in that apartment reminded me so much of my greenie days, it was so crazy. And just driving around in the town of Crossville took me way way back. I even got a selfie with the same old lady in the same old living room as another selfie that I took with her a year ago! It was fun:)

Our ward also had a hoedown dance and I went HAM. I forgot how much I love line dancing hahaha it was so MUCH fun! It was also great to listen to country music;) I danced so hard and had so much fun. Not many people showed up, so my companion and I kept things alive haha.

Do yall remember the Stewart-walls from Hixson?? WELL, they drove all the way to Cookeville to come see me!!!! They took us out to lunch and it was so good to see them♥️♥️♥️ qelsi and xandy and their mom were the ones who came, and I was beyond happy to see them:) it made my heart so happy that they came all the way here. Qelsi said that she told all her friends that she was going out of town for the weekend to see a family friend🥰 awwwww. I gave her my name tag for her to keep:) (I have another one haha). I love those girls so much.
I also got to play a cello this week!! Shannon adams (a member) has a ton of instruments, so I sat down and started playing with their guitar, then she said "you are the one that plays the cello right??" so she ran downstairs and brought up a SUPER nice cello. It was way out of tune, so I tuned it up played it, tuned it again, played it, then kept tuning it until it stayed. It was honestly so therapeutic playing. I was in heaven!
That was my week! Overall we spent a ton of time walking around parks talking to people, knocking doors, walking around neighborhoods, and I basically army crawled to my bed every night because I was so exhausted by the end of the day. Ive never been this tried in my life, but I definitely earn my pillow at the end of every day. God has been so good and I love the people I have connected with here. Especially Samantha❤️ she has changed my perspective on life and what it means to be a good person. I love Tennessee!!! 🧡🧡🧡

✌️sister hilton

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 64

Well sister Oldroyd is shipped off to Chattanooga 😥 BUT I love my new companion, sister Chan! I'm glad I get to serve with her and we are having so much fun! This week it was really a struggle to get return appointments with the people we are teaching and holy moly, it is a never ending battle and it makes me want to lose my mind sometimes. I love these people so so much, but I get really tired if spending time trying to chase them down to have a lesson😂I just want to consistently teach someone, BUT it's not about what I want, it's about how God wants to use me as his hands. And I guess right now he is needing me to do a LOT of seed planting. After a long week of seed planting, I am eager to pick fruit, but unfortunately it takes a lot of time. The beginning of the week consisted of going around and saying goodbye to people since sister Oldroyd is leaving. So we took a lot of pics with members and friends. I'm glad I'm not the one leaving because I am getting kind...

Week 59

Week 59 Hey yall! I had a pretty good week, but it was definitely one of those weeks where you thought it was never gonna end. I was really tired and never really fully woke up through the day, so that was tough. Buuuut we survived! This week I got to experience the deep southern part of our area. It's a town called Gainesboro and boy.... this was a small town. We visited a member who lives in a house built in the 1800s and he just hooked one singular water pipe to it last week. He's gone this long without plumbing or water. We also have to drive across (literally) a creek to get to his house, so we had to go on a dry day or else you would literally have to drive thru a river haha! I was surrounded with a bunch of people with the thickest accents I've ever heard and I loved it! Oh.... I got told not once, but TWICE that I have picked up some accent... That's the 3rd time in the last 3 months or so I've been told that. Sister walker (a missionary who went home last...

Week 61

This week was PACKED. We had MLC and Zone Conference. And on Tuesday we had 0 miles, so we walked everywhere (which wouldn't normally be much of a problem, but there are so sidewalks or shoulders between the road and the ditch, so you just hope that people see you and scoot over or else you will get hit) so that was a little rough. I realized how grateful I am for a car haha! So a little update on our friends we are teaching : Samantha. Oh man, I don't even know where to start! So we had a lesson with her about the Word of Wisdom, and the very next day she said no to sweet tea, and she came up with a plan for this class she goes to that serves everyone coffee so that she can have something else to drink instead! And she read 1Nephi 1 all the way to 2 Nephi 10 in Less than 24 hours!!!!! I was BLOWN away by her!! She said that no other church has made her feel this way and she feels like she has a family. It was the most tender thing ever. We got to have some time to walk around ...