Skip to main content

Week 63

Heyall!! Not to disappoint or anything, but this week wasn't quite as crazy as last week, but it was still great!
We got transfer news on Saturday, and I will be staying in Cookeville!!! I'll be getting a new companion tho which is really sad, but I've heard really good things about her! Her name is Sister Chan and she is from Provo Utah. She was on the SMS team for a long time like I was!! So that'll be something we can bond with and reminisce about haha. I miss those days! I'm excited to meet her on Wednesday🥳
Oh random thing, a member gave us Goose eggs, and that was cool. One egg made a giant breakfast burrito haha!
I also got to call home on Wednesday and on Thursday! Wednesday was zachs birthday and Thursday was mckays birthday! Those were the most fun video calls ever because everyone was on, and that is really rare that I get to talk to all my family all at once! I love my family haha, they are crazy🤪
I'm also sending some old pictures from when sister Oldroyd and I slept on the balcony hahahahaha it was so much fun! We wanted to do it again but it has been soooo cold. It feels like winter in Utah haha! There was frost on our car this morning which is not ok😂
OK I was getting creative with ways to find new people to teach, so I looked around for music stores and found one! We went in so I could play all the different instruments (as an excuse to talk to the workers) and we ended up talking with an employee (an old guy named George) for over 30 minutes. It was pretty cool! So there's a creative way to get to know more people!
Sister Oldroyd and I went on a hike to Burgess Falls today and it was SO pretty!! It felt so good to go for a hike and be outdoors. It's been well over a year since I've gotten to enjoy the outdoors. We went and got smoothies before hand too!! 
It was a pretty good week and I'm excited for everything that's gonna happen this coming week! God is good and his hand is literally in every moment of the day. Life is so much better when you focus on those moments too! God is in everything, we juts have to take the time to look back and see him! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 64

Well sister Oldroyd is shipped off to Chattanooga 😥 BUT I love my new companion, sister Chan! I'm glad I get to serve with her and we are having so much fun! This week it was really a struggle to get return appointments with the people we are teaching and holy moly, it is a never ending battle and it makes me want to lose my mind sometimes. I love these people so so much, but I get really tired if spending time trying to chase them down to have a lesson😂I just want to consistently teach someone, BUT it's not about what I want, it's about how God wants to use me as his hands. And I guess right now he is needing me to do a LOT of seed planting. After a long week of seed planting, I am eager to pick fruit, but unfortunately it takes a lot of time. The beginning of the week consisted of going around and saying goodbye to people since sister Oldroyd is leaving. So we took a lot of pics with members and friends. I'm glad I'm not the one leaving because I am getting kind...

Week 59

Week 59 Hey yall! I had a pretty good week, but it was definitely one of those weeks where you thought it was never gonna end. I was really tired and never really fully woke up through the day, so that was tough. Buuuut we survived! This week I got to experience the deep southern part of our area. It's a town called Gainesboro and boy.... this was a small town. We visited a member who lives in a house built in the 1800s and he just hooked one singular water pipe to it last week. He's gone this long without plumbing or water. We also have to drive across (literally) a creek to get to his house, so we had to go on a dry day or else you would literally have to drive thru a river haha! I was surrounded with a bunch of people with the thickest accents I've ever heard and I loved it! Oh.... I got told not once, but TWICE that I have picked up some accent... That's the 3rd time in the last 3 months or so I've been told that. Sister walker (a missionary who went home last...

Week 61

This week was PACKED. We had MLC and Zone Conference. And on Tuesday we had 0 miles, so we walked everywhere (which wouldn't normally be much of a problem, but there are so sidewalks or shoulders between the road and the ditch, so you just hope that people see you and scoot over or else you will get hit) so that was a little rough. I realized how grateful I am for a car haha! So a little update on our friends we are teaching : Samantha. Oh man, I don't even know where to start! So we had a lesson with her about the Word of Wisdom, and the very next day she said no to sweet tea, and she came up with a plan for this class she goes to that serves everyone coffee so that she can have something else to drink instead! And she read 1Nephi 1 all the way to 2 Nephi 10 in Less than 24 hours!!!!! I was BLOWN away by her!! She said that no other church has made her feel this way and she feels like she has a family. It was the most tender thing ever. We got to have some time to walk around ...