Skip to main content

Week 74

Alrighty, here I am again. This was MIRACLE filled week. It had its ups and downs, but I'm going to focus on the ups!
So first of all, the big miracle is James!!! This has got to be the most prepared person I have ever met on my entire mission! Not an exaggeration! I can't remember exactly what I've said about him in the past, so here's a little summary. We were walking around a neighborhood last Sunday after church and we decided to knock his door. He was really nice, so we came back on Tuesday to do a Bible study. Then we lost contact with him for the rest of the week. BUT he showed up to church on Sunday!!! We were so shocked!! Then he came to church AGAIN and he had read all the way up to Jacob, and he knew everything about the saints leaving to Utah, their history, everything about Joseph Smith and Emma Smith, and a bunch of other random facts! He said he knew Joseph Smith was called of God and he never wanted to stop coming to our church because he said it feels very right. YAYYYY!!! James is just awesome:) Such a miracle!! Straight from heaven! He was just waiting for missionaries to knock at his door! 
Another miracle from this week: I got big by a HUGE newfie dog and it only bled a little bit!! We pulled up to this house and the small front yard was gated and I saw a massive dog that looked like a fluffy bear, and I proceeded to open the gate and walk towards the front door. Then when he barked, EIGHT MORE CAME RUNNING OUT. My thought process was "well if I just keep walking up and hugging my scriptures, I'll be fine." I didn't realize my companion was still outside the gate. I decided to turn around when one of them bit my calf😂 It was honestly terrifying, but it's all good now haha, I survived! And we talked to the lady that lived there for like 30 minutes! (we were standing outside the fence the whole time haha). Beware of big southern untrained dogs. They do damage.
We also got to go to an Assisted living home and teach the plan of salvation on a white board and it was the sweetest thing ever!! It was their first time hearing it and they loved it! We also taught HB the plan of salvation for the first time and he got emotional because it was new and he felt so much peace with it. It was the sweetest thing ever! Never take your knowledge of the plan of salvation for granted. It is such a peaceful and hopeful message that gives us so much meaning in this life. It's one of my favorite things to teach because people need to know what their purpose in life is and where they are going and what their goal should be (celestial kingdom). I'm SO thankful for that knowledge.
Missions are so cool because it opens up your eyes to what your life might be like if you didn't have the gospel or the church. I've never really thought about it since I was raised in the church, but these last 17 months have given me an undeniable witness that the gospel CHANGES lives. I would be a sad lost wandering human being without the gospel. I firmly believe that without my mission I never would have had my eyes opened to this. I want to live with God again. And I know what I need to do to get there because it has been laid out very clearly for us. Don't get lazy with living the gospel. This is eternal exaltation and it offers MUCH more than worldly things. It WILL be hard, and it won't always be pretty, it will be inconvenient, but I can promise you that you won't regret it when in a short timek you are standing side by side with Jesus Christ. It's kind of impossible to put my testimony into words, but there is so much in my heart.
I love the south! I love my mission! I love Jesus! I love all yall too! ❤️❤️❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 64

Well sister Oldroyd is shipped off to Chattanooga 😥 BUT I love my new companion, sister Chan! I'm glad I get to serve with her and we are having so much fun! This week it was really a struggle to get return appointments with the people we are teaching and holy moly, it is a never ending battle and it makes me want to lose my mind sometimes. I love these people so so much, but I get really tired if spending time trying to chase them down to have a lesson😂I just want to consistently teach someone, BUT it's not about what I want, it's about how God wants to use me as his hands. And I guess right now he is needing me to do a LOT of seed planting. After a long week of seed planting, I am eager to pick fruit, but unfortunately it takes a lot of time. The beginning of the week consisted of going around and saying goodbye to people since sister Oldroyd is leaving. So we took a lot of pics with members and friends. I'm glad I'm not the one leaving because I am getting kind...

Week 59

Week 59 Hey yall! I had a pretty good week, but it was definitely one of those weeks where you thought it was never gonna end. I was really tired and never really fully woke up through the day, so that was tough. Buuuut we survived! This week I got to experience the deep southern part of our area. It's a town called Gainesboro and boy.... this was a small town. We visited a member who lives in a house built in the 1800s and he just hooked one singular water pipe to it last week. He's gone this long without plumbing or water. We also have to drive across (literally) a creek to get to his house, so we had to go on a dry day or else you would literally have to drive thru a river haha! I was surrounded with a bunch of people with the thickest accents I've ever heard and I loved it! Oh.... I got told not once, but TWICE that I have picked up some accent... That's the 3rd time in the last 3 months or so I've been told that. Sister walker (a missionary who went home last...

Week 61

This week was PACKED. We had MLC and Zone Conference. And on Tuesday we had 0 miles, so we walked everywhere (which wouldn't normally be much of a problem, but there are so sidewalks or shoulders between the road and the ditch, so you just hope that people see you and scoot over or else you will get hit) so that was a little rough. I realized how grateful I am for a car haha! So a little update on our friends we are teaching : Samantha. Oh man, I don't even know where to start! So we had a lesson with her about the Word of Wisdom, and the very next day she said no to sweet tea, and she came up with a plan for this class she goes to that serves everyone coffee so that she can have something else to drink instead! And she read 1Nephi 1 all the way to 2 Nephi 10 in Less than 24 hours!!!!! I was BLOWN away by her!! She said that no other church has made her feel this way and she feels like she has a family. It was the most tender thing ever. We got to have some time to walk around ...